Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Mid Project Crisis!

Unsure of what exactly I am aiming toward yesterday I had to make a decision.


A. Will I present a construction system for users to have free reign over, like a full scale Lego house?
or
B. Can I as the architect use this modular system to create a series of 'designer homes'?

I choose B.
Option A is very exciting and could be followed up later, but I can't do everything for this assignment.

A series of designer homes is nothing new however, so why would I choose to do this?
-Whilst working within the aneX system there are rules which constrain the design into forms similar to the Lego block. forms complying to the system have inbuilt properties most obviously of which, is the ability to connect, expand, reduce and be interchanged.
aneXhomes must be able to do this.
It becomes a Lego process on an urban planning scale. The Environment is shaped by the choices of the consumers.  Users are able to select from the catalogue and position their chosen dwellings or extensions within the aneXgrid wherever  the system allows.
The project is a suggestion for the built environment. 

Only a dead environment is static - aneX is a proposal for a living built environment.



No comments:

Post a Comment